MJH, JIS musicians earn top awards at ISSMA organizational contest
Last weekend, the McCulloch Junior High School honor band, three MJH choirs, and the Justice Intermediate School choir — comprising more than 200 musicians — took home several top awards from ISSMA’s annual district organizational contest.
At the Indiana State School Music Association’s junior high/middle school/elementary (JME) district organizational competition on March 10 and 11 at Elwood Jr./Sr. High School, Marion Community Schools had four ensembles competing. It was the first time in quite a few years that Justice Intermediate School participated in this competition.
Congratulations and well done to all of these young musicians and their instructors! The awards earned are as follows:
- McCulloch Junior High 7th/8th honors choir, Group I (the toughest division), Gold
- MJH 8th grade choir, Group II, Gold with Distinction
- MJH 7th grade choir, Group III, Gold
- MJH honor band, Group III, Gold with Distinction
- Justice Intermediate School 6th grade choir, Group IV, Gold